This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michael Blair Michael Blair 1 year, 3 months ago.

Pray for God to Heal the Afflicted and Addicted

• Profile photo of Michael Blair

Saint Jude has long been called the Saint for “impossible” situations, and addiction certainly seems to be hopeless and impossible for there to be a solution.

But in Luke 18:27 the bible says:

Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”

I have personally witnessed many instances of people being delivered from addiction, and so I know that God does the impossible.

I found this prayer, which I say often:

God of life, You made me in Your perfect image, to live in Your love and to give You glory, honor and praise. Open my heart to Your healing power. Come, Lord Jesus, calm my soul just as you whispered “Peace” to the stormy sea. St. Jude, most holy Apostle, in my need I reach out to you. I beg you to intercede for me that I may find strength to overcome my illness. Bless all those who struggle with addiction. Touch them, heal them, reassure them of the Father’s constant love. Remain at my side, St. Jude, to chase away all evil temptations, fears, and doubts. May the quiet assurance of your loving presence illuminate the darkness in my heart and bring lasting peace. Amen.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.